Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sidney Fine Art Show


The 2012 Sidney Fine Art Show will be held October 12th – 14th at the Bodine Family Hall at the Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney, BC.  Presented by the Community Arts Council of the Saanich Peninsula, this Show is a world-class juried art show for serious artists and patrons of the arts.  The first Show in 2003 was an outstanding success and each year the Show has attracted thousands of visitors to the town of Sidney.  Check out the site at www.sidneyfineartshow.com

The competition for this show is intense; last year the jurors had over 1250 pieces to adjudicate and not quite 400 were chosen.  So you see... the over the top enthusiasm I have for having a piece accepted is warranted.  

Acceptance of "Carousel" into this show also makes it possible for me to apply for my AFCA status with the Federation of Canadian Artists in the spring.  Yet, another reason to be elated.  This show makes 8 qualifying shows I have successfully been juried into since I began entering this caliber of Exhibition in early 2011; shortly after I received my Active status with the FCA. 

Carousel 22x30  $975.00
Last year at the SFAS, cheques were written for over $112,000 for art that was sold during the show.  This was money that went directly back to the island's artistic community.  Through the Community Arts Council of the Saanich Peninsula, they also contributed funds to support the diverse programs of the CACSP.  In that show,  I was fortunate enough to sell one of my most favourite pieces that I've completed to date: "Lost and Alone."

Let's all get out there and support our local artists once again this year and make it the biggest year to date! 
Signing off with a natural high...
Keep your brush wet...
Sam L. Boehner cspwc


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam. You Carousel is fantastic! And you are so fortunate to live in such a supportive community.

    ReplyDelete