Thursday, September 1, 2011

Gossamer & Lace

In just two weeks I will be teaching another group of students how to paint "Teacups and Lace"...the course starts September 15th and goes to the end of October every Thursday from 12:30 to 3 pm.  I painted this painting to put on display at the Monterey Centre to promote the course...hopefully we will fill all 18 seats. 
Gossamer & lace started out with the set up of the still life with one of my husband's teacups from his collection. I photographed it and sketched the drawing onto 300 lb Fine Art paper. 
The initial layers of paint are many thin glazes, using Aureolin, Opera Pink; Manganese Blue, Quin Gold, and Quin Burnt Scarlet.  The darks (greys from my pallete) were layered to create the shadows and the final details (indigo and quin burnt scarlet) were added to create dimension. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment